Our small but busy projects team is looking for a dynamic and motivated intern to join them in the overall provision of exciting Social Development Projects, Weekend Clubs and other activities for our disabled members, and the recruitment and training of volunteers. We offer the chance to take on real responsibility within the team and make a valued contribution from the very beginning.
For more details or to apply please download the application pack by clicking here.
Employability and Life Skills Project Internship
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated intern to join us in the recruitment and training of volunteers and the overall provision of our Employment and Life Skills Project for our disabled members. This internship is a minimum placement of 6 months, preferably 5 days (35 hours) a week although there is flexibility with regards hours. Please note that this position is unpaid, although we will pay up to £50 a week for travel and lunch expenses.
You responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating the communications regarding volunteers, including the admin email account and databasing where appropriate.
• Coordinating the recruitment of volunteers through websites and other sources.
• Together with ELSP coordinators:
- organising and running workshops within the ELSP program for our members.
- organising and run volunteer training days
• Help providing the supervision and support for our volunteer base.
What we can offer:
• Real responsibility from the very beginning and throughout your time with us.
• Direct experience of working with people with disabilities on our projects sites based in the North London area.
• Detailed insight into how an employability project is planned and coordinated.
• The chance to participate in and also facilitate training workshops
• Detailed insight into all the areas of a small charity, including the opportunity to gain experience of fundraising events and an insight into family support.
• Due to the mentoring aspect of this role applicants are required to have a minimum age of 21 years
• Must have A-level or equivalent qualifications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Disability awareness
Please contact Rich Pickup for an application form on:
0208 801 7432